Throughout the book, we talk about the resources that you might need to successfully make the transformation to a marketing services provider. It is quite possible that you may need to find someone that has specific talents that fit your needs.
Here is a sample of one position that you may need to fill. These are recommended qualifications only.
Marketing Software Implementation Specialist
This position involves direct customer interaction with business/marketing and technical groups within the customer and our company. This position will provide technical support for both pre and post sales activities. You will be responsible for building relationships with the customer, product demonstrations as well as product evaluation, pilots and deployment process from installation through order to deployment. You will act as liaison between the customer and the company. The Marketing Software Implementation Specialist must be a trusted technical resource to the customer before and after the sale and be able to represent the customer’s requirements into the delivery of the marketing solutions. Travel is required for this position.
- Present and demonstrate companies marketing products and solutions to current and prospective customers, while participating in sales calls as technical resource
- Work closely with sales representatives to satisfy all technical needs during the sales cycle, including the articulation of competitive positioning
- Troubleshoot problems found during pre- and post-sales activities. Through troubleshooting, determine the root cause of the problem and drive the issue to resolution involving product marketing and development as needed. Utilize the issue tracking tools to document and track the problem
- Responsible for marketing product introduction and product installation for each customer sold
- Support all accounts (trial and/or customer)
- Responsible for Technical Account Management
- Responsible for one-on-one product training, or special group training for all customers requiring a jump start through the trial period
- Support all Marketing modules from product functionality, benefits, installation and competitive positioning
- Record customer interactions in lead tracking and customer issue tracking systems
- Creating content for the company’s knowledge base, educational materials, and transfer of information sessions
- Follow up regularly with the prospective customer’s technical contacts
- Assist as needed with responses to RFPs and RFIs.
- Work closely with Development and Product Marketing by providing feedback on potential product enhancements and competitive direction
- Review and provide feedback to improve product documentation
- BS/MS in technical field or Marketing
- Experience working with Marketing projects, databases, and software applications a plus.
- Experience working with internet based applications
- Experience with Marketing Software a plus
- Experience with CRM Software a plus
- Experience with Order Management and or Print management Software a plus
- Excellent troubleshooting, communications and customer service skills
- Able to work in an intense, high-pressure, energetic team environment
- Must be able to multi-task, manage details, and keep sight of overall objectives
- Able to travel on an as-needed basis from 25% to 50%
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal